Finalist of the Broomhill Sculpture Prize

Claudia Borgna

Thursday 14 April 2011

From DALLAS. 'THE BOTANY OF DESIRE' update

The spring Texan winds have been blasting on my bags, molding them into new sculptures.
The artwork has been taken down before the end of the show for safety and aesthetic reasons. Despite the fact that I get the chills every time I think of those uncontrollable hurricane like winds against my uncontrollable bags and i can only pray for them not to fly freely around in the environment, I am thrilled by the wind moulding process of my sculptures. I wish I was able to be there onsite to film and monitor all the changes and the inevitable transformations.
I am attaching few pics of the last stages of the installation that were sent to me by the Greg Metz, the curator of the show.




No comments:

Post a Comment