Finalist of the Broomhill Sculpture Prize

Claudia Borgna

Monday 4 June 2012

Sea Creatures grow on trees and breed on Bach's Saraband

This is a really embarrassingly funny video that I was recently able to get hold of and edit.
Editing was really quite a task: I could not stop laughing, laughing to tears, I hope you will too!
The event goes back to May 2008 when I was an artist in residence at the Sitka Center for Art and Ecology in Oregon:
http://www.sitkacenter.org/
This video brings back many wonderful memories like my friendship with musician Judy Linsenberg (http://www.linsenberg.com/) and the fantastic time spent in an amazing natural environment sandwiched in between the forest, the salmon estuary and the ocean, quite breath taking.
For open studios Judy and I collaborated on this partly improvised performance based on  "movements from Bach's cello suites" combined with plastic bags ( and mainly improvised on my part because Judy is a true professional!)
Anyways here it is, I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment