Finalist of the Broomhill Sculpture Prize

Claudia Borgna

Friday 2 November 2012

GREEN PEACE IN BIRMINGHAM selling the Arctic

Well, from London I made my way up to Birmingham. Walking from the train station towards the Ikon Gallery I bumped into a green Tshirt worn by green peace activist Matthew Williams. In the grey drizzly cold air he stop me with his bare arms to talk me into buying the Arctic, or at least to persuade me into owning just a little bit of it!
I really love and support that visionary project but being penniless my self I could not possibly afford the twelve pounds of monthly payments. So what will happen?  Will rich people eventually get it! Hopefully they will be responsible and not defeat the purpose of this action and the dreams of many people especially youngsters.
I did not know, but Matthew informed me that Green Peace had already previously accomplished the purchase of the Antarctic. WOW, what an amazing achievement that is! Would love to be part of such endeavor, but for now I better stick to my little new artists' greenhouse project, I am barely catching up with that!

If anybody cares and can afford buying the Arctic do email Matthew on: matthewwilliams1990@gmail.com

and if anybody wants to join the artist greenhouse check out its new blog for info:
http://artistsgreenhouse.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment