Finalist of the Broomhill Sculpture Prize

Claudia Borgna

Sunday 18 April 2010








Before traveling to Berlin and in between hanging and drying plastic bags at the Rea Garden I was in Scotland, that also was my very first time. I loved it! and I was surprise how good haggis tastes and got addicted to it. I could not make myself eat the deep fried Mars bars though! Instead i greedily devoured the as solid and sculptural architectural shapes of the city of Glasgow, possibly my favourite between the two: the other of course in competition is Edinburgh. Of Edinburgh I liked that natures envelopes it all around and the decorative constructions climb down from the hills into the sea.
But what I enjoyed even more was the Scottish Royal Academy Degree show. It was very impressive to me. I don't remember to have recently seen such an extended excellent combination of great craft, humor, and interesting concepts. All work on display were truly inspirational and managed to trigger an unresistable desire to make better art to push myself further. Hopefully i will get into an MA programme soon too!

So going back to my bags, I did say that I was posting some images of the drying process, here we go:

No comments:

Post a Comment