Finalist of the Broomhill Sculpture Prize

Claudia Borgna

Tuesday 11 October 2011

Los gatos solo show Statement

My Statement for the show:


‘ALL MY DREAMS PACKED, INSIDE A PLASTIC BAG’

And when I have consumed everything, to my very last desire
Most precious and valuable
Even gulped the last drop
Leaving me longing:

All I have left
is an empty shopping bag.

I look inside
Stare at the white hole

But I cannot feel what I see

Looking. Searching. Zooming, inside and outside
I am beside my subconscious
Scavenging awareness
Craving humbleness
Seeking for my consciousness
Sensing guilt

But I cannot see what I feel

I am turning, running, falling, flying
Chasing images, seeking thoughts, hunting emotions.
I am slipping on my aspirations to grasp my ideas
Clinging to a dizzy belief to capture my purpose
Hazed by a swarm of pins and needles

Can you see what I feel?

The rustling sound brushes across, like a breathless whisper
I can hear the butterflies vanishing in the horizon
I am looking high and low:
The shelves are empty

And all I have left
is a dream inside a plastic bag

No comments:

Post a Comment