Finalist of the Broomhill Sculpture Prize

Claudia Borgna

Sunday 5 August 2012

Few pics of the opening night at Christie's

The opening night of I HEART 3D at Christie's Hangar Gallery in South Kensington, London.


The show will be running until the 20th August


Overall I feel pleased about the final result of my work. Mainly I was happy I've managed to get it up there!
Setting the work up was in fact not straight forward as it seems. For health and safety reasons I was not allowed to hang the 2500 bags from the beams of the metal structure, plus there was not a high enough ladder available to reach up to them.

It was nerve racking that I also had never seen the space before. When I finally managed to rush there for the first time I had only three days altogether to make the work and resolve the problem, with only few hours access to the space beforehand.  My work being the largest and occupying the middle part of the hangar gallery had to be installed first in order to determine the positioning of the other artists works. 
The final solution was to create a network of very thick fishing line where to hang the bags from. The wire was fixed onto six mobile hooks that are suspended from the ceiling and are electronically controlled: up or down.













.........and few images of 'IT ALWAYS RAINS ON WET' by night!



No comments:

Post a Comment